MainStage 3.1.1 release notes
Learn what’s new in MainStage.
MainStage 3.1.1 includes the following changes. For more information, see www.apple.com/logicpro/mainstage.
- Allows you to disable Screen Saver when in Perform Mode
- Fixes an issue where expression pedals could not control the input level of audio channel strips
- Resolves an issue where the Download Manager could appear empty
- When more than 10 Drum Machine Designer patches are loaded, all channels show their associated sub-channels
- MainStage no longer shows an error that the Concert file is corrupted when loading certain concerts created in previous versions
- Next/Previous screen control buttons for changing patches and sets not assigned to a MIDI channel reliably respond to mouse clicks again
- MIDI output now works when a channel strip setting file that includes an External Instrument plug-in is loaded
- MainStage no longer outputs an audio pop when switching between certain patches
- Pan works properly again with mono audio channels
- The Instantly Silence Previous Patch setting works when moving from a patch using External MIDI to one using a Software Instrument
- There is now a link to the AutoSampler documentation in MainStage Help
MainStage 3.1 includes the following changes.
New Features and Enhancements
- Redesigned Compressor plug-in with scalable, Retina-ready interface and a new compressor model.
- Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices.
- The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu.
- Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 Mellotron instruments.
- New Auto Sampler plug-in converts hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments.
- Custom shortcuts can be assigned and managed using the new Key Command editor.
- It is now possible to copy and paste ranges in the layer editor.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when selecting all patches.
- MainStage no longer drops out of Full Screen Performance mode when you use a KVM switch to change the display to another computer.
- When moving the MainStage window from a 4K display to another display, the window width now properly adjusts to the new display size.
- Mouse clicks in a plug-in window are no longer passed through to the Patch Browser in Performance mode.
- Window positions are now properly recalled when opening a saved concert.
- Parameter text fields are now displayed correctly when the first patch or set is skipped.
- Text in the Graph Editor now renders properly when the window is resized.
New Features and Enhancements
- Adds auto-assignment profiles for the following MIDI devices:
- Roland A-49 keyboard
- Korg Taktile 25 keyboard
- Korg Taktile 49 keyboard
- Samson Graphite MD13 controller
- Novation Launch Control controller
- The Quick Start Templates are now accessible with VoiceOver
- It is now possible to adjust sliders in the Mixer when controlling MainStage via screen sharing, Apple Remote Desktop, or other VNC clients.
- MainStage no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when:
- Deleting patches from a concert
- Closing certain concerts
- Commas are now usable as decimal separators when typing values into controls on the Mixer.
- Sculpture and ES2 no longer sometimes shift pitch the tails of held notes when releasing other notes and using non-Equal Tempered tunings.
- Closing a concert now also closes the Musical Typing window.
- Channel Strip insert slot 15 now displays the correct bypass state when toggled via a mapped Smart Control.
- Using different audio interfaces for input and output now works more reliably.
- The Quick Start Templates are now accessible with VoiceOver.
- Screen Controls mapped to Loopback’s Record Button now reliably display the correct parameter state.
- The distortion knob is no longer automatically assigned to respond to channel pressure with some controllers in templates that include organ drawbars.
- Loopback recordings in which the recording is stopped by pressing the spacebar are now reliably retained when played back.
- MainStage more accurately timestamps incoming MIDI messages, making stuck notes less likely.
- Playback now reliably loads saved plug-in settings files.